Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Fancy's baaaack!!

My oh my I've been away for too long. Father forgive me, it's been eight months since my last confession! Lol. I've had alot going on in the time that I was away.. Good things.. all good things :)

All Star weekend.. yes it was back in February but I must address it because for me it was a big deal. For the first time it was held right here in my own back yard, Dallas, TX!! I, along with my crew, was sooo excited because I just knew the streets would be filled with celebrities and puerto rican papis from NY that would whisper spanish in my ear and then wisk me off to the east coast to eat New York pizza and have babies with good hair. Clearly it didn't happen that way, but a girl can always dream :)

Good things did come of the weekend nonetheless. I was asked to do makeup for a fashion show that was to be hosted by Kobe Bryant. Of course he was a no-show (wifey wasn't having it I suppose;)but I did get to meet an amazing up and coming designer. I can't remember her name because I spent the entire night convincing her and her two assistants that they were literally the asian version of the Kardashians.


Backstage at the show with the "Asian Kardashians".. I'm the black bff lol


So I've done the girls makeup and now I'm chillin on the sidelines prepared to just touch up gloss and powder shiny noses when the unthinkable happens.. two of the models are no-shows (maybe they were with Kobe lol) so they ask me of all people to fill in as one of the models. All 5'2 of me. Of course I couldn't say no so there was little ole me struttin next to these 6 ft amazingly gorgeous models. It was something straight from an episode of 'Sex in the City'. I was so nervous but thank goodness I didn't fall. I was however stopped in the middle of my "runway walk" by a guy who was oblivious of my modeling debut trying to get my number. It never ends :/
In one of "Asian Kim's" designs.. (Sorry girl, I dont remember your name,
but if u see this holla at ya giiirl!!)







No comments:

Post a Comment